From:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:55:24 -0500

Hello listmates.......
Wondering about Lupus and CD. Our 13 yr old daughter, diagnosed CD at 10,
is being tested for Lupus now. Just looking for experience and feedback.
I have been told this is just one of the many other immune issues that she
is prone to now. She is 100% complient to her diet. She gets violently ill
if she even looks at anything containing gluten. She also has terrible skin
issues, NOT DH......been to many derms and the NYC dermatologist/cell
biologist confirmed for us, for the 4th time, it's not DH. Possibly a form
of Lupus or a symptom of Lupus. Feeling a bit down, this kid has been
through alot. Hoping for some experience from the world of Celiacs.
Thanks
Betsy