From:
Karyn Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 1995 21:58:53 -0400

Does anyone know of an MD that is knowledgeable about Celiac in the Indiana
area?

Last week I had a terrible experience with a MD that was taking over for my
regular MD while out of the country.  I have been plagued with a constant
headache for over a month.  It is with me when I wake up and when I go to bed
at night.  I also have some other symptoms i.e. missed periods, dizziness,
hunger in the night fatigue and sometimes the shakes.  This MD's answer to my
problems was a pregnancy test which I knew would be false.  Then he got out
his faithful RX pad and wrote a RX without knowing if it was GF or not and
could not understand why I wouldn't take a pill without knowing if it was GF.

I explained that he would not be with me in the middle of the night when I
would awake with severe stomach pains and possibly be sick for 3-4 days
after.  I left his office in tears and plan on explaining to my regular MD
next week at my appt. how upset I was.

I have since gone to the Eye MD to have my eyes checked since I do wear
contacts as the possible cause of my headaches.  My eyes were fine but I do
have some unexplained visual loss in my left eye in the area by my nose.

I was also wondering if anyone recommends having other allergy testing?  I am
wondering if this would be helpful.  I have taken all items out of my diet
that I know contain gluten and also all dairy, soy  and oils since I seem to
be sensitive to these.

Any help would be appreciated.

Karyn