From:
United Machine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:12:16 -0500

My wife's GP must have had itchy ears . Late yesterday afternoon(after
my post) he called to tell her that he was going to authorize bone
denisty testing for Diane. In fact, he thanked her for supplying him
with the info. He sounded truly appreciative. Perhaps this will make
things easier for future patients that may have Celiac Disease.

This incident shows how we must take part in educating our physicians
especially when it comes to aflictions that maybe some what rare.
Although coping with CD dominates the lives of its sufferers, it only
affects 4/10 %  of the population.(1/250). I think we also have to
"push" our MD's to overcome the inertia imposed by "managed care".

Thanks to all those who responded.

Dan