Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:48:50 -0500

Dear listmates,

First I want to thank ALL of you that responded to my need for a pep talk,
I received about 70 responses!  And they all made me feel so much better
because almost all of you wrote that you are experiencing memory/brain
fog, too!  I got suggestions, advice, sympathy, and tips.  I’ll do my best
to share the responses, I’ve condensed them into different types of

*The most popular response was to make sure that I haven’t ingested
gluten, and after taking a good look at how I’d been feeling before I
wrote to you all, I’m pretty convinced that’s what it was.  It must’ve
been very little, but the signs were there, I guess I’d just been to busy
to notice them.
*The second most popular response was that the memory fog could be due to
hormones, hormone imbalance, and/or menopause.  I had a hysterectomy 5
years ago, and by-passed menopause.
*Some people said that stress could be causing it, or a thyroid problem.
*Many people felt that I might have another type of food allergy, most
mentioned were dairy, candida,  yeast, or MSG.
*Some felt that it might be a blood sugar problem, either too high or too
low.
*Some mentioned that it could be the winter blahs.  Well, I live in
Denver, and it’s SUNNY all the time, so I know it’s not that---lucky me!!
*One person mentioned going on the “Specific Carbohydrate Diet”
* Many people mentioned getting more B12 in my diet, more iron, and
possibly taking Gingko Biloba, or something called CoQ10 (the person that
suggested this said that is literally saved her life.)
*Many suggested that to help me along I should write things down.  I do
that a lot, it’s the only way I can remember sometimes! Others suggested
exercise, and brain challenging activities.
*And many wrote to just give me a big HUG!  And that was so nice, it
really made me feel a lot better to hear from all of you, and I thank you
very much.  I am feeling better, I know that it had been a stressful day
for me at work, I was feeling overwhelmed, and then it just panicked me to
feel like I couldn’t even get something straight.  I really do feel like
it was some gluten, and I’m really going to try a lot harder to eat
better, pay attention to what I’m eating, exercise more, and challenge the
ol’ brain more!
Thanks so much!
Jan