From:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:13:52 -0500

To all,

I do know that some people can't tolerate high fructose corn syrup because of
the corn or because of the sugar, but is HFCS also a gluten threat? A
participant on another list thinks from his reading that some manufacturers
use barley enzymes to process HFCS.

Has anybody else looked into this or have any information one way or another?
I don't see this ingredient listed one way or another at celiac.com or
elsewhere, and I've never heard it discussed before as a gluten source, but
if it is I'd like to know.

I will summarize.

Thanks
Richard