From:
"Beth J. Hillson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:51:05 -0500

Dear ListServe Friends,

As our days get longer, there is a glimmer of hope that spring is on the
horizon. At the GLUTEN-FREE PANTRY, we are dusting off our Easter and
Passover recipes.  (Since Passover is very late this year, we’ll share those
recipes next month!)

It’s inspired our specials for this month and a recipe that is included
below.

Our monthly specials include:

#116.  BETH’S ALL-PURPOSE BAKING MIX  (Perfect for the CRANBERRY NUT BARS
below.)
Regular Price: $3.29
SPECIAL PRICE this month: $2.80

#55. GLUTEN-FREE PANTRY PERFECT PIE CRUST  (great with the Crisp & Crumble
topping)
Regular Price: $3.95
SPECIAL PRICE this month: $3.35

#125. GLUTEN-FREE PANTRY CRISP & CRUMBLE TOPPING  (sprinkle over your
favorite fruit pie or use as a topping with muffins)
Regular Price: $3.25
SPECIAL PRICE this month: $2.75

#222. GLUTEN-FREE PANTRY STUFFING  (Makes great stuffing for chicken, turkey
or crown roast of pork.  No one will know it’s gluten-free.)
Regular Price: $6.39
SPECIAL PRICE this month: $5.75

Please note that these specials cannot be used in combination with any other
specials.

Here’s the recipe for Cranberry Nut Bars:

CRANBERRY NUT BARS

Crust:
1 c. GFP BETH’S ALL PURPOSE BAKING FLOUR (#116)
1/2c. chopped nuts
1/2c. packed brown sugar
1/2tsp. salt
6 Tbs. cold butter

Filling:
2 tsp. GFP All Purpose Baking Flour (#116)
1/ 2 tsp. baking powder
2 beaten eggs
1c. sugar
1Tbs. milk
1Tbs. gluten-free vanilla
1c. fresh cranberries-chopped
1/2c.unsweetened coconut
1/2 c. chopped nuts
11/2tsp. grated orange peel

Preheat oven to 350°. In mixing bowl, combine flour, nuts, brown sugar and
salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into 8-inch square
baking dish that has been sprayed with vegetable spray. Bake 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add eggs,
sugar, milk and vanilla. Fold in cranberries, coconut, nuts and orange peel.
Pour filling mixture over crust. Return to oven and bake additional 25
minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack. Cut into bars when completely
cooled.
Adapted from a recipe in “Quick Cooking Magazine”

Happy Easter and Happy Spring!

Beth Hillson
Gluten-Free Pantry
800-291-8386 ext. 101
www.glutenfree.com

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food."  Hippocrates