From:
Susan Sarvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:54:27 EST

Well, we just returned from the Rainforest Cafe.   Most of the responses that
I received said to be very cautious and don't get the Hamburger pattie.
Seems quite of few had bad experiences.   Our daughter, Angela (who is 3
years old), is pretty choosey anyway, so she doesn't eat hamburgers.   But
loves Chicken.   We went to the Rainforest Cafe in Schaumburg, Illinois (a
suburb out of Chicago).   I did take a lunch for her just in case they could
not accommodate us.  Our waiter was fantastic. I told him that our daughter
has severe food allergies and I would like to get a plain chicken breast
cooked for her.  He said they could cook a plain chicken breast and give her
fruit.   I forgot to even mention about cooking it on foil.  But when he
returned he said that he told the cooks to make sure they cook it on foil.
She has had no reaction.

I did notice that the menu has many Gluten items.   But I was glad that there
was something I was able to order for her.  Their salads looked good and her
chicken tasted great too.    It was her first visit and we had a great time!

Thanks for all your input!

Susan