From:
LIZ DECLEENE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LIZ DECLEENE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:35:55 -0600

Hi All,

I finally made a bread that I LOVE.  It doesn't have the texture of yeast bread but also isn't the texture of a quick bread either.  I took it to a birthday potluck last week - all wheat eaters - and everyone loved it!

Here is the bread recipe.  Use your own Gluten-Free Amish Friendship Bread Starter or if you need to easily make a starter there is a recipe at www.therubyrange.com<http://www.therubyrange.com/>.  When you make this you have starter to share so the whole support group can happily enjoy your bread recipe.

Gluten-Free Amish Friendship Bread

This bread is great for breakfast, with tea or served as a dessert with a little sugar glaze on the top. (I made blueberry bread and did a lemon glaze on top -yum!!)

Mix 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread starter with the following ingredients in a large bowl:
2/3 cup canola oil
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon Ruby Range Spice Mix or cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 cup sweet rice flour
1 cup Ruby Range Basic Mix
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Optional; 1 cup raisins, chopped apples, blueberries, grated zucchini, nuts

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans.

Mix by hand using a wooden spoon until will blended.

Grease two loaf pans with butter or canola spray.

Pour equal amounts into each pan and bake at 325 for 1 hour or until done. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pans.

There is a recipe to make pancakes with the starter at www.therubyrange.com<http://www.therubyrange.com/>

*******
*******