From:
ANDREW AITKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:28:46 +1200

ANSETT AUSTRALIA does not provide gluten free meals. I contact the
Operations Centre Manager at Melbourne and the best they can offer is a
"Raw Fruit and Vegetable selection"  "that may include fresh fruit
sliced portioned or whole.  Dried fruits and nuts.  Health bars. Salad
items such as carrots, celery fruit compotes.  Bakery products and bread
items"  Direct quote from Ansett.

As most airlines make some attempt at a gluten free meal can the
Australian Celiac Society encourage Ansett to change their ways?
Unfortunately Ansett Australia co-share with Air New Zealand so I can't
afford them on this particular trip.

AIR NEW ZEALAND both internally and internationally provide excellent
gluten free meals, and ANSETTT NEW ZEALAND also provides good gluten
free meals within New Zealand.
Teresa