Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:21:25 -0700

My granddaughter, 13 years old, appears to be coming down with a full blown celiac condition.  We have suspected that she is celiac for some time (both my brother and myself, cousins in Ireland, etc. have celiac disease) but, naturally, she didn't want to go on the diet.  Now, things are looking very bad for her, and she is in constant pain in the abdominal area. We need the name of a good GI doctor in Ft. Myers who might be able to diagnose children and is familiar with celiac disease.  Can anyone out there help me?  It could also be in the Miami area or surrounding cities near Ft. Myers.  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Joy Ash, Silver City, NM