From:
Melinda Freckleton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melinda Freckleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:37:07 -0400

Hi all,
	I have been bounced around between practitioners for a few months now
with symptoms that could be Lyme's disease (equivocal on testing) or
maybe some rheumatologist problem.  Primarily severe fatigue, joint
pain, neuro pain, muscle fasciculations and more fatigue.  This are
not improving despite months of antibiotics.  My celiac was diagnosed
6 years ago and under control with diet (which I am very strict about).

	So I am seeking options on new medical resources.  My regular doctor
seems very convinced I have Lyme's and sent me to an infectious
disease doctor for IV antibiotics (a serious undertaking!).
Infectious disease doctor has some doubt, and would like an opinion
from a rheumatologist first.  The problem now is that it takes many
weeks to get into any rheumatologists I can find in my area.  My
family is suggesting that I go to a center such as Mayo for more
definitive help.

	My questions are 1.  Can anyone recommend a good rheumatologist in
Northern Virginia? (that does not have a 6-10 week wait to get an
appointment...)
	2.  How does one go about accessing the big clinics, and with which
ones on the East Coast have people had good experiences with similar
problems?

Thanks for your time and advise.  I will summarize.

Melinda Freckleton DVM
Catlett, VA

*******
*******