From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:07:59 -0800

In the latest issue of the Gluten Intolerance Group's newsletter, there was
a letter from a 15 year old German boy who has CD.  He wants to come to
American to stay with a Celiac family for a few months.  I thought it would
be nice for a US teenager to have a companion with the same dietary
restrictions-- so I sent Johannes an email suggesting he post his letter to
the Listserv.  The List could not print it because (I assume) he is not
registered with the List.  I am posting it for him.  He certainly is to be
commended for his tenacity and command of the English language.
Someone with a teenager should might want to check this out.  It sounds like
a terrific opportunity for all parties involved.  My favorite nephew lives
in Germany and it's a fabulous country with wonderful people and good, solid
food.  They have great gf breads, crackers, bakery goods and most Germans
understand celiac when you are ordering in a restaurant!
Diane Holmes