From:
Barbara Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:58:56 -0800

I belong to two food buying clubs in Pt. Angeles, WA.  The two
distributors for these clubs are Mt. Peoples Warehouse and Azure
Standard.  They often supply items from GF companies such as Ener-G
Foods, Gluten Free Pantry and Pamela's and the prices are better than
store prices.

For instance in this month's sales catalogue for Mt People the Gluten
Free Pantry and Pamela's are marking 15% off a number of their items.
You need to buy in quantity but perhaps one could get together with
others in their support group.  For example this month I could buy The
Gluten Free Pantry's Brown Rice Pancakes and Irish Soda Bread Mix 6-16
oz packages @ $17.20.

I believe these companies only supply the west coast but they may know
of counterparts in the rest of the US.   Their numbers are:

Mt. People's Warehouse- Washington:800-336-8872
                        N. California & SW Warehouse: 800-679-8735

Azure Standard:         www.azurestandard.com
Dufur, OR               541-467-2230

You can call these companies to see whether there is a buying club in
your neighborhood. Or talk to your local health food store or food coop
about food buying clubs. I can also buy from a local store in bulk
quantities but they mark it up 10% so I prefer buying through the
club.
--

Barb

email address:   "Barb Gardner" <[log in to unmask]>