From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 12:07:21 -0400

It appears that it's not safe to eat anything at Nathan's Famous.  Not
too long ago a list member posted the info that Nathan's hot dogs are
not GF...  The company response about their restaurant menu items and
relevant links are listed below.

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore

Website: http://www.nathansfamous.com/nathans/index.html

Link to their menu:
http://www.nathansfamous.com/nathans/inside/htmls/menu_full.asp

Link to nutritional information:
http://www.nathansfamous.com/nathans/inside/htmls/nutrition_main.asp

Company response to request for information on gluten-free menu items
7/2003:
"Thank you very much for taking the time to e-mail Nathan's Famous with
regards to the ingredients of our menu items.  The individual components
that make up each menu item are produced by outside sources and
therefore we cannot make assurances which items are gluten free.
In addition, each of our restaurants are free to purchase some products
locally.  Therefore we cannot guarantee that specific products and the
ingredients would be identical to the information we have available.
We apologize that we are unable to verify which products contain gluten,
but we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Sincerely,
Susan C. McCann
Guest Services"