From:
dave taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 11:39:47 -0500

Hi List,

Well, I did it, finally.  I tried changing the flour mix used in Bette
Hagman's pop-over roll recipe, "Gluten-Free GourMet - Living Well Without
Wheat", page 44.

I used 1/3 cup each white rice flour, garfava flour and potato starch. The
balance of the ingredients remained the same as the recipe. The result was
suprising in the size and quality of the rolls.  They taste much like
"regular" dinner rolls, slightly chewy, with some open areas inside the
rolls.  The roll should be quite tasty with dinners of all sorts.  I made 12
rolls out of the recipe, even though it says it will make 15.  Guess I like
bigger rolls.

On the down side, there are some holes in the sides of some of the rolls,
which I might be able to eliminate by tamping the dough down more evenly in
the muffin cups before I bake. There is also a very slight bean after taste.
  Otherwise I would say the experiment was a sucess.  I'm going to try other
combinations with each week. I'll let you know if any turn out to be worth
of mention.  Enjoy!     Dave Taylor,  Mentor, OH.