Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:39:52 -0400

Hi -

I recently ate out when company was in town and I'm convinced I had some
gluten exposure because the following 2 weeks afterwards I had a recurrence
of symptoms (which had pretty much disappeared since going GF a year ago).

We wanted to go to the same restaurant again for my husbands birthday, so
this time I emailed ahead of time and asked specific questions.  The owner got
back to me and was amazing about working with me!  He mentioned two things
that I think may have been the culprit of my gluten exposure before (when I
only asked questions of the waitress):  These items are:

1- Lawry's seasoning salt
2- Steamed spinach, steamed using the same water that pasta was cooked in

I looked at the lawry's online site, and the only ingredient that looks suspect is
the 'natural flavor'.  I'm inclined to think that it's probably okay, but I emailed
them to be certain.  They were not very helpful at all.  (See below for their
response to me).

So, here are my questions:

1- How many of you eat anything with Lawry's seasoning salt?  Do you ever
have any gluten exposure symptoms?
2- Do you really think that spinach which is steamed using the same water
that pasta was cooked in would contain gluten?  The water is being used only
to create condensation and is not coming in direct contact with the spinach.

If I had known they cooked it that way I would've never eaten it.  To be
truthful tho, I didn't eat that much spinach tho because I'm not a big fan of
it.  I've never been that sensitive to gluten before, so I would be surprised
that I 'd have the symptoms recur that I did just from it.

Thanks for your help!

-------------------
Hi Angie,

Thank you for writing.

We apologize that we cannot provide you with the information you are
requesting.  Because our products are formulated for use by the majority of
our consumers, and not specifically for those on restricted diets, it is possible
our product formulations may change at any time.  As a result, we cannot
provide a list due to several factors:

- Lists of this type reflect products as formulated at a specific time
- It is possible that more products/varieties may have been added
- More important, changes in existing products may have occurred

Therefore, we suggest reading all ingredient labels carefully. If you cannot
determine whether or not the product contains the ingredient in question, or if
you feel uncomfortable about the ingredients used in our products, it is our
recommendation that you do not use them.

The source of the modified food starch used in our products is corn.

We hope this information is helpful.
Your friends at Lawry's

*******
*******