Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:17:20 -0500

Dear Listmates -

First, thank you for all of the wonderful responses!
To summarize:

The majority of listmates us once-a-week Fosamax, with no problems, and
are experiencing improvement in bone density on this.
One listmate's husband cannot tolerate Fosamax.  He takes once-a-week
Actonel.

One listmate cannot tolerate Fosamax or Actonel and gets a quartery IV
(intravenous)
  of Aredia.  Aredia is actually intended for other purposes, such as
Paget's Disease,
  but can work for Osteoporosis, although it is FDA approved for the
other purposes only.
  Another listmate's doctor is considering this IV, since she cannot
tolerate Fosamax or Actonel.

One listmate cannot tolerate medicines and works out every day with
weight-bearing exercises
  at a fitness club.  She has gained 1.2% bone density in 6 months.

One listmate does not take medicine - but takes Twin Lab Tri Boron Plus,
which has calcium,
  magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc, vitamin D, and three forms of
boron.  I decided to try
  this instead of my current supplements, and found that
www.doctorstrust.com has a much
  cheaper price than other web sites.  Her physician is impressed with
her gain in bone density
  and is taking some patients off of Fosamax and having them take the
Tri Boron Plus instead.

One listmate's husband was taking Fosamax once-a-week, but his bone
density is up and no
  more Osteopenia, so they are considering Citracal Plus instead (plus
going to the gym).

One listmate has been taking Miacalcin (squirt in the nostrils daily) -
or is that  Myacalcin? - with excellent results and no ill effects.
 Another took it with no improvement. Another took it and has switched
to Actonel because the doctor feels Actonel works better.

That about does it.  I am trying the Twin Lab Tri Boron Plus, since
other supplements haven't been helpful, and more exercise.  My bone
density was increasing, but last year I tore the meniscus in each knee-
had surgery on the first tear, then tore the other knee while healing
from surgery - and with that and months of slow recovery (due to
Fibromyalgia and Osteoarthritis), I wasn't as active and my bone density
is down.

Have a good evening, everyone - and thank you again for all the great
information!
Vicki in Homewood, IL