Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 2009 19:03:46 +0000

The Westchester Celiac Sprue Support Group invites you to attend our next meeting:

Sunday, September 13th - 2:00 pm
Phelps Memorial Hospital - Auditorium
Sleepy Hollow, NY

Guest Speaker:

Andrea Levario, Executive Director
American Celiac Disease Alliance (ACDA)

Andrea Levario spearheaded the American Celiac Task Force campaign to educate members of Congress about celiac disease and urge their support to improve food labeling, which led to the passage of the landmark Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act.

Ms. Levario serves as Executive Director of the American Celiac Disease Alliance, which evolved  from the Task Force to become a permanent advocacy organization. ACDA, a non-profit organization, includes members representing key segments of the celiac community — national patient support groups, physicians, medical research centers, pharmaceutical and food manufacturers, and other service providers.

Ms. Levario will be covering many important issues including:

- gluten-free labeling
- school lunch programs
- celiac disease awareness legislation
- dietician reimbursement and education
- insurance issues and celiac disease

Vendors:

Plan to arrive by 1:30 to shop with our vendors:

Joan's GF Great Bakes
BellaMonica
Casa Foods
Healthy America
Whole Foods Market, White Plains

Plus:

Come meet some of our Westchester members who are accomplished authors.  Their books will be available for sale:

Rory Jones, co-author, "Celiac Disease: A Hidden Epidemic"
Maria Roglieri, "The Gluten-Free Guide to New York" and "The Gluten-Free Guide to Italy"
Eesha Dave (represented by her mom, Darshna), "Timmy's Gluten-Free Safari"
Einat Mazor, "Mastering Your Gluten and Dairy Free Kitchen"

No reservations are necessary to attend the meeting.  For further information, please contact Sue Goldstein, [log in to unmask], (914) 428-1389.