From:
Jackie Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jackie Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:48:16 -0700

This recent correspondence with Frontier Seasonings (which
specializes in organic seasonings) included below was not very
reassuring and didn't address my question.  Do any of you use their
products, particularly the ones I mention?  Any problems?

Jackie in Arizona
********************
My email:

Hello -
Can you please tell me which of your seasonings you consider to be
gluten-free?  If you have a list, that would be great, but I am
particularly interested in the Simply Organic Grilling Seasons
Chicken Seasoning and the Organic Herby.  It would also be very handy
to have this information on your website.

I am interested in whether (1) you add any wheat, rye, barley or oat
gluten to your seasonings or as part of their packaging; (2) the
products are made in a plant with other products that contain wheat,
barley, rye, or oat flour (and your estimation of whether the
seasonings are likely to therefore contain gluten from these
sources); (3) whether any product is made on the same equipment as
products containing gluten; and (4) whether you test for gluten in
your final products.

Our family needs to be very careful not to ingest gluten from wheat,
rye, barley, or oats as it makes us very ill and so this inquiry is
part of our effort to eat safely.

Thanks.

Frontier's Customer Service Response:

Thank you for your interest in Frontier.  We do not provide a gluten
or allergy free statement for our products since the facility and
production lines haven't been verified to run as such.  We do follow
strict Good Manufacturing Practices to minimize the potential for
cross contamination but we do not test for the presence of allergens
in our final product.  If there is anything else we can do to assist
you please let us know.

Sincerely,

Danielle
Customer Care