From:
John Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:41:05 -0400

I asked two questions to the list. I received a number of helpful
replies to my question about gf vitamin brnads, but not much help on GF
restaurants or other food stores downtown Pittsburgh. Regaring the
vitamins:  The two most frequently recommended brands were "Nature Made"
and "Freeda." Many people advised me to have my doctor to blood work to
determine what vitamines I need.  Serval other people mentioned calcium
, B-12 (or a B-complex), and iron as vitamins and minerals that many
celiacs need.  Hope this helps.  John

vitamin brand names and other suggestisons:

Theragran M Freeda Nature Made Twin Labs General Nutrition Center Juice
Plus (can only be ordered through a dealer www.juiceplus.com/+js42327)
SOLGAR Vitamin Supplements Vitamin World

Stokes Pharmacy has a booklet called, "A Guide through the Medicine
Cabinet" which is a listing of gluten-free medications.  You may access
their web site at: http://www.stokesrx.com or call them at 1-800-754-5222.