From:
Marco Venier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:07:56 -0500

I went GF around Dec/04 but due to my ignorance it wasn't 100% GF. I got
diagnosed with CD in March/05 with EnteroLab . Then I went on a strict GF
diet. Their test measured fecal fat, immune response,celiac genes, and
indicated severe malabsorption (>1500). At the around the same time I
started to experience excessive thirst, got tested for diabetes. By
excessive thirst, I mean, thirst that doesn't go away when drinking water.
So, I was on strict GF diet for around six months.
Recently, besides excessive thirst, I experience blurry vision (I think due
to blood pressure) and increased blood pressure (the highest I got was
160/100). My MD ordered liver panel, kidney panel, glucose, sodium,
potassium, calcium, phosphorus, uric acid, CBC and everything was normal. My
optometrist measured eye pressure and did other tests and found nothing
wrong.
My MD is reluctant to evaluate hormone levels and doesn't have much idea how
to proceed. And I don't feel well.
The problem is that I don't know what to ask my MD to do.

I don't have a problem with excessive urination. I was never diagnosed with
anemia, never had constipation or diarrhea. Instead of weight loss, I had a
weight gain, e.g. I need to diet to lose weight.

How should I proceed? What is to be suspected? Hemochromatosis? Thyroid,
hormones, GI tract? or I worry too much

All comments are more than welcome, and I'd summarize if necessary, Thanks,
Marco