Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 20:03:03 +0100

In a recent quest for an over the counter anti-inflammatory drug & an
antihistamine, I came across a few labels that listed the "inert
ingredients" in detail.

 On the CONTAC=AE 12 hour cold caplets the label listed the active
ingredients, as required by the FDA. The next item was "inactive
ingredients:(listed for individuals with specific allergies)". I think
the Smith Kline Beecham company should get some positive customer
feedback that we appreciate their labeling. 800-245-1040.
(PS Have not had time to verify GF status of Contac, it was for another
family member I was purchasing it.)

 Also Aleve had both active & inactive ingredient labeling on the outer
package. (Sorry I have thrown away the packaging). Proctor & Gamble have
also taken a leadership role in meeting the customer need to know by
voluntarily listing ALL ingredients. Their #800-395-0689.
As important as it is to let manufacturer's know when they blow it, we
should also make a point of letting them know when they got it right.
Positive feedback will encourage them to continue with better labeling.
~ Fran      ;  >