From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:40:44 -0500

I had reported that a scientist told me that tums and rolaids are not
great to use because it dumps the undigested food into the intestines
where it basically sits and that digestive enzymes might be a better
choice.

Several people immediately responded saying that yes this was true and
one person reported reading that after a time the body's ability to
absorb calcium is changed .  NOt a good thing.

What worries me is that I got one response saying that an endo.
recommended this and the person was sure that they would not pass along
poor info.  Well, many of us on this website can argue that pt.  My
former endo [I am diabetic] insisted his patients take rizulin, even tho
[at that time] 35 people had died from it.  IT was eventually yanked off
the market...and that was more than a year after it had been banned in
the UK!

In the US, drs get their info about drugs from the drug companies
themselves thru their salespeople.  [I tested this once by asked several
md's about  rizulin and got the same answer word for word from all three
of them!]  The drug companies also subsidize the medican
journals....does that tell you anything?