From:
"Karyn S. Friedman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 1996 13:59:23 -0400

Mini Sandwich Rolls (no gluten, dairy, egg, yeast)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Beat together:

1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup liquid (milk, water or Darifree)

In separate bowl, mix:

1/2 cup amaranth flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup potato starch flour
1 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3 t. egg replacer
2 t. xanthan gum
2 t. GF baking powder

Add liquid to dry mixture and combine just until mixed.  Do not overmix.
Batter will be somewhat fluffy.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes in an ungreased muffin tin, or dollop onto a
cookie sheet - about 2 Tbsp. each.  These will puff up quite a bit.  They are
done when the outside is golden brown, and the inside is moist but not gooey.

Let cool, then place in ziploc bags.  These will keep fresh for several days
and can be sliced and toasted for mini sandwich rolls.  When warm, my whole
family gobbles them up.  My son eats about three for breakfast on his
"rice-free" days.

Karyn