Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 07:22:56 -0700

Just a quick follow up to my previous post: I received a post from one lady
who actually worked on this project, and she said she was excited. She said
she would be first in line when this drug comes out. She also said the
expected to have it approved by the end of the year, and it shouldn't be
long then.

Apparently, the difference between using Fosamax three times a week, and
using it once a week was a mere .6 percent. Fosamax will cause your system
to replace bone rapidly for a period, then it well level off and keep you
from losing any more bone. All in all, a very useful drug, I'd say.

Two others wrote to say their docs had put them on 70 or eighty mg of
Fosamax, once a week, by simply using seven of the 10 mg pills at one time.

One said her mother was on two 40 mg pills once a week, and that she had
previously been taking even more. -vance