Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:26:55 -0500

Does anyone take large doses of Vitamin D?  My endo prescribed daily
calcium & vitamins and a once-a-week dose of 50,000 IU of Vitamin D for
osteopenia & low stored Vitamin D.  I procrastinated starting the high
dose because 50,000 IU sounded like an awful lot (normal recommended
intake is 400 IU per day).  When I finally took one of the capsules I
thought everything was OK until the middle of the night when I woke up
with extreme indigestion--much worse than I've had from any foods,
followed the next day by the usual routine when I eat something I
shouldn't.

The medication is Drisdol.  I didn't check to see if it's GF--a mistake
but can't believe it was a possible gluten reaction as much as a "can't
tolerate it" reaction.  Anyone else taking this?

Marcia