From:
richabec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:24:25 -0500

I received several very helpful responses to my inquiry about dining in the
Tulsa/Claremore area.  I have pasted the responses here for others who may
visit the area.  It sounds like there are lots of good options available.
Thank you so much to all you kind souls that shared your expertise in this
area.  I feel much more secure knowing we have some nice choices.

Thanks again!

Becky

I don't know where you'll be staying, but at 51 & Yale,  Carrabas is quite
helpful.  The chef or mgr, came out and went over the menu w/ me to tell me
what foods I could eat or not eat.  It was quite good.  It's Italian, but
have other choices.  And, I see, it looks like they have another location on
71st.  -- That would be our Restaurant Alley.

I also eat easily at Outback - also about 51 & Yale.

We have a Joe's Crab Shack; they make their food (ie it's not pre-seasoned).
They have lots of choices - lots of seafood.  One night the dinner was
great.  The next time, it wasn't so good.

It's at 61 & Memorial.

Don't' eat at Applebee's  - everything is pre-seasoned when they get it; and
now they don't even offer baked potatoes.

I also have eaten at the Mexican restaurant on 71st St. - Abuelos .  I have
eaten successfully at the one in OKC, but not Tulsa - it was good, but I
don't remember what I ate - this was a couple of years ago.

Macaroni Grill has been good - at 61 & Memorial.

We also have a Lone Star Steakhouse, which I have eaten at a lot. - again at
51 & Yale.

Ti  Amos is a wonderful Italian restaurant (expensive), which I used to eat
at successfully a lot, too.

Hope you enjoy your stay -

Check out our restaruant guide for Oklahoma City area at www.OKceliac.com.
Click on Restaurant Guide.  Several of these restaurants are in Tulsa area;
off hand, Don Pablos (delicious) and maybe Smokey Bones (also very good).

It's a place for you to start.  :-)

Hi:  Go to www.outback.com , www.carrabbas.com , www.bonefishgrill.com .
They are all owned by Outback Steakhouse and have gluten free menus and
location maps on their web sites.  Print a copy of the menu, take it with
you, and ------ASK FOR THE MANAGER-----.  Perhaps there will be one near
where you will be.