From:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:29:17 -0700

Dear Listmates -
This is the time of year when gluten-free gefilte fish
varieties are available at some stores.

There is a large frozen log, that you have to boil with
carrots, celery, and onion. Don't recall the brand.
I stopped buying it because it is too big for us.

There is a Rokeach variety at some Dominick's stores in the midwest, Gourmet Sweet variety, that I like a lot. There is Streit's variety that a listmate told me about, in with regular Passover products - not in with gefilte fish - at the store he went to, in a package the size of a frozen vegetable box. I haven't seen that here (Chicago area).

There was another brand with a sweet variety last year, but I don't recall the brand.

Just look on front, back, side for No Gluten or Gluten-Free.
The Rokeach has some little yellow circles on the right side of front label, and one says No Gluten. It is also marked on the side.

I just emailed Rokeach (www.rokeach.com) to ask the shelf life of sealed (i.e. newly purchased, not opened yet) jars. If they tell me it is good for 9 or 10 months, I'll order a case or two through Dominick's. Great with horseradish sauce. Instant main course for lunch or dinner.

-Vicki in Illinois