From:
Joan McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:22:36 -0500

This is the summary of replies I received on San Francisco Restaurants.  I
want to thank all of you for your responses, they’re all helpful.  I have
no interest in these establishments, but am looking forward to visiting
some of them.  Once again thanks to everyone!

We recently were in SF and ate at Palomino's.  I believe it was reasonably
priced for SF and was very good.  The chef was knowledgeable about celiac
and very accommodating.  Palomino Restaurant in San Francisco: 345 Spear
St., 415-512-7400 (www.r-u-i.com);  Also, validated parking after 5 pm.
Executive chef of Palomino is Mark.

Try www.outback.com , www.carrabbas.com , www.bonefishgrill.com.  They are
all owned by Outback Steakhouse and have gluten free menus and location
maps on their web sites.  Print a copy of the menu, take it with you, and -
----ask for the manager----.  Perhaps there will be one near where you
will be.

PF Changs in Emeryville also in Walnut Creek.  In San Francisco the "Rain
Forest Cafe" is excellent.....Chevys also.

Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a list of 59
national/regional restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free items.
There's also a gluten free dining card that can be presented to restaurant
personnel to ease the ordering process.

We go to S.F. every year. No trouble wherever we went. But, if you're from
the east coast, just be aware that if you order chow mein, you'll get a
plate of wheat noodles, not the bean sprouts and veggies that we're used
to on the east coast.

In n Out