From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 23:41:30 -0400

Hi

  I'm the one who spoke about low cholosterol and CD about a week or so ago.
I reported my experience of some of the reported side effects of medication
(constipation, stomach pains, headaches, and blurry eye) to my cardiologist,
and asked her about ceasing this medication.  She replied that these side
effects are *very* common for people with cd, and for me to continue taking
this medication!  **Is there any rationale in this kind of thinking???**  I
just can't believe that a doctor would recommend continuing a medication that
is causing discomfort, citing that it's expected for cd patients. She wants me
to come by later this week to talk about it.  I almost expect her to prescribe
new medication to countereffect this reaction.  I am planning to tell her that
I plan to cease all meds for cholosterol and to remonitor my blood later.
BTW I am already exercising, eating food, and taking food supplements that is
helpful for chol. control.

I thank those of you that have respnded to my earlier post, and I shall
summarize them for the List sometime this week.

Mildred Oberkotter