From:
Pam Newbury <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Newbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2018 16:11:33 -0700

Thanks for all your responses.

Shortly after I sent my question to the list, I got an email from the
Alvogen, the manufacturer of Zestril. Alvogen's Response:
Please note that Zestril is gluten free. The starch listed in the
ingredients is derived from Maize or Corn.

Unfortunately, this did me no good as the pharmacy didn't have that brand
and the insurance won't cover it. They offered a generic brand for Zestril
made by Solco. I was able to contact Solco by phone and they told me it was
gluten-free.

It's been a while since I've had to check a prescription for gluten, so i
forgot that it's a good idea to check with the pharmacy first to see what
they are actually going to prescribe before checking with any manufacturers.

Answers I received from the list:

According to insert in bottle of 5 mg tablet it's gluten free if the
manufacturer is Teva. I've also called them and they've told me it's gluten
free.

My local pharmacist checked on the brand of Mylan when I was prescribed
Lisinopril 10 mg and said it gluten free.

Many suggested looking on http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com, which listed
several GF brands. I did look at Gluten Free Drugs, but apparently got to a
list that was incomplete and didn't list Lisinopril:
http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/newlist.htm.