From:
"Ron B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:12:39 -0800

Hello,

Just got the results from my GE for my second biopsy. Negative!

The biopsy was done by one of, if not the most, highly regarded GEs in
Canada at the UBC research hospital.  He was highly recommended by people
from both the Victoria and Vancouver celiac assocs. He did both upper and
lower, and I had been on a gluten challenge for three months, and was very
sick, both physically and emotionally. I quit eating gluten the day of the
biopsy and felt better after 2-3 days. It's been three weeks now and I've
gone from 10-15 trips to the toilet a day down to 5-6 , and getting better
every day.

My GE said that he has been seeing a lot of people like me, displaying
celiac symptoms, and not having  cd. I guess information is easier to
access these days and more people are aware of gluten.
He suspects there is some component of gluten or wheat that gives people
like me a bad time, but  without the life threatening effects of full blown
cd. More research needed?

Anyway, I am feeling much better, and now have the peace of mind that if I
accidentaly ingest gluten, It's not going to do me in.
Unlike most of you on this list, I didn't have a fast reaction when I ate
gluten. It took almost a month to start feeling crummy.  I know there's
lots more people that are having the same problems I was having, and I hope
this helps somebody.

Cheers,

Ron (Vancouver B.C.)