Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:09:44 -0500

Hello List mates,

I have been lurking for quite sometime and I read most inquiries with great interest.  As of late, I have been experiencing some very challenging symptoms, I have been having difficulties with my liver.  I am in the midst of a slew of testing as symptoms seem to be increasing as opposed to decreasing.  My doctor's first question was "how is the celiac disease?".  I told him I have been gluten-free to the best of my knowledge for the past five years; however, we did discuss some challenges that CD can place on the liver particularly if a GF diet is not adhered to.  There is a hitch; however, I was Dx'd with Celiac over 47 years ago.  Back then many doctors believed that CD was a childhood disorder and that the child would outgrow it.  So for these very many years I happily believed that I had outgrown the DX.  My current doc tried to enlighten me however I was stubborn and stated that I was probably mis DX'd after all my childhood doc has long since passed away and so too did all my medical records.  Needless to say I have been GF for five years as my doc finally encouraged me to be retested.

My current symptoms are multiple enlarged liver,billirubins in the urine, upper right quadrant pain, and now to my dismay jaundice. Hepatic panel came back fine, I am scheduled for an abdominal ultrasound tomorrow and have had bllodwork to test for mono and CMV.  Has anyone had any similar symptoms, I will gladly forward results of all post to those who email me for info. Thank-you to all of you for being here and assisting with info and knowledge.

Yours in CD,

Terry Valente