From:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:39:23 -0700

Ferrara Pan, the makers of Lemonheads, etc, is known for having all GF
products.  Yesterday I noticed that this concientious company had put a
warning on the box regarding cross contamination from packing
wheat-containing items in the same facilities as theirs.   I am trying ot
purify, so I was upset and wrote the company.  The response I got was
reassuring and I thought I'd share it below.

On an side note, someone wrote me regarding a bacteria Celiacs are
particularly vulnerable to, especially during pregnancy.  I accidentally
deleted it, so if that gentleman could resend it to me, I'd appreciate it.
*****

The situation is that Ferrara Pan has in the past (>2 years ago)
co-packaged a
wheat containing product for another company with our products that do not
contain wheat. This co packing has not taken place since then. We are
obligated
to inform our customers that this co packing has taken place because we have
little control over the product after it leaves our factory. The probability
that there is still any of this material remaining on the market shelves is
remote. The probability of cross contamination at the time of packaging is
even
more remote. We therefore state no use of wheat in any of our products but
we
still issue the package warning.
Tim Murphy