Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:15:13 EST

Hi all,
Thanks to Jax Peters, Mr. Ritts bakery in Philadelphia is offering GF cakes
and cookies.  I read about them in the Phila Celiac Support newsletter and
immediately called them to order some cakes.  They prepare GF items first
thing in the morning to avoid any possibility of contamination.  The items
that I have tried have been fantastic.  Today we tried their minature
chocolate covered cheescakes with a cookie crust.  It had a real cookie crust
not crumbs!  All I can say is WOW.  It was so good that I had to call them
and verify that it was really GF!  Some if the items they carry include:
Italian rum cake, carrot cakes, chocolate truffle tortes (cake ...not the
flourless stuff we are used to), hazelnut buttercream cake, cannolitorte,
banana nut cake,  cheescakes etc. etc. etc.

Their number is 215 627-3034.

I have no affiliation with the bakery except being a very excited customer!