From:
Michelle Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:33:34 -0700

Hi:  Around Christmas time my son was visiting Ontario and they found
this product called pastato (mac and cheese)  some of you may have heard
of it already and I may just be behind the times.  Anyway a company
called Rice Innovations is the manufacturer.  I just spoke to a man
named Raj (Rog?? not sure if it was Roger shortened) who provided me
with a few distributers in Canada and their products but also said the
they distribute more in the U.S.  Anyway, their number is
1-905-831-9497.  You can call to get a distributor in your area.  Two
distributors that they gave me were: Nationwide Natural Foods
(1-800-663-5822) who distribute across Canada.  She provided me with
several places in Calgary to purchase these products.  Another was Heart
Smart located in Sherwood Park, Alberta 403-467-4825.
The products are rice pastas, 4 different soup bases (Nutri Max brand
name), wheat free soya sauce (Lifesoy brand) the new products which are
potato based (4 different ones including the mac and cheese) and they
are coming out with a new cereal this fall which is a high fibre one.
Good luck and I hope this is helpful and that it isn't something that I
just missed reading on a previous posting.
For the Calgary residents, the stores that carried these products were:
Sangsters Health, Landmark Health Foods, Best of Health (227-1100 in
Innisfail), Old Fashioned Foods, North Town Health Foods, Vitality,
Health 4 U (542-3344 - Karen or 963-9556) and Sunrise Health Foods.
Michelle Carter