From:
"J. Rackley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 01:08:03 -0800

Someone said they made a great pound cake with corn starch 1:1 substituted
for flour, and an extra egg.  I would like to try this, but most of the
recipes in Joy of Cooking call for a lot of eggs, which I am allergic to.
Are eggs a necessity for pound cakes?  Is there something you can add
besides eggs when you are substituting corn starch for flour?

BTW, there is a great-looking Chocolate Fudge Sour Cream cake which uses
cake flour, and I am going to try it.  I should be able to substitute a 12
oz. brick of tofu, and 2 Tablespoons of vinegar for the sour cream (I am
allergic to milk too.)

Has anyone found any cookie recipes that use cake flour?

Thanks,
Jenny Rackley
Woodinville, WA