Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:13:18 -0500

I have Bette Hageman's new dessert cookbook. I made her basic white cake
for my son's 3rd birthday. Layered raspberry jelly between the rounds
and frosted it with seven-minute frosting from Joy of Cooking (an
egg-meringue that egg-sensitive folks must avoid). It was so phenomenal
that my guests rejected the wheat cake I made from them in favor of my
son's gluten-free treat.

My four year old said, "I don't want that yukky cake (the wheat cake) I
want Domi's yummy cake (the gluten-free version)."

I consider this a serious victory in gluten-free baking. Yeah Bette!

Paris