Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 00:26:30 EST

I received over 65  responses.  Here are some more excerpts:
##################
Our parish, Christ  (Episcopal) Church in Winnetka, IL has a separate, small
chalice for the wine,  and gf communion bread either in its own bowl or on its
own small plate. It is  always available, though sometimes the Altar Guild
forgets to put it out on the  altar and the priest has to get it from the
sacristy! The priests are instructed  to let the recipient pick up his/her own wafer
so it is not contaminated by the  priests' administering of the regular
wafers.

Additionally, on the first  page of our Sunday (or other days)service
bulletin, there is a paragraph that  reads:

"Gluten-Free communion hosts and a separate chalice are available  at the
altar rail for those who are wheat intolerant. Please identify yourself  to the
clergy before the service or at the altar  rail."
###################
As for preparing it, we  use Ener-G's white tapioca bread, strictly because
of the color, not the  taste, and remove the crusts and slice it into small
rectangles about 3/4 by  3/4 of an inch, and do not tamper with the thickness
of the slice.   This we toast in the oven at 150 to 180 degrees for about two
hours to dry  it out completely.  If it is not completely dry, it will
develop green  mold.  We watch the drying process so that the bread does not
become  toasted because then it would be brown and more obvious on the
patten.   When properly toasted, we put the pieces in small zip-lock bags and
place  them in the freecer. At the beginning of the month, I put 4 pieces in
a  small zip-lock bag in my purse, and replace them at the end of the month.
This way, the pieces are completely unfrozen when they are needed.   They
would unfreeze in a couple of hours, probably, but I don't want to risk
crunching a piece of frozen bread, especially when I am a chalice bearer and
must speak, as I offer the wine to the communicates.

I have used this  system in two Episcopal Churches and it has worked very
well.  When  there is a service that I will attend at a church where the
priest doesn't  know me, I go to that priest before the service begins and
ask if   he/she will accept my bread and place it on the patten, and I have
never  been refused.  We agree about which side of the church I will be on,
and about when I will be approaching the alter and I have always been
communed without any difficulty.

There's many great threads about catholic and communion at the Delphi CD
Forum:  _http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start_
(http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start)

You have to post and ask for a moderator to give you access to the religion
folder first.  You'll have access in a few minutes.

Chris owns the _www.catholicceliacs.org_ (http://www.catholicceliacs.org/)
website.  I believe she is the founder, and Bobby has spoken to the  Benedict
sister that has created the accepted host.