From:
Hillary Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hillary Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:24:02 -0400

My local news just did a story about this new technology called scanavert. What it is is a system at the grocery store where you set up a persnal profile and tell it any allergies you have also any drugs you may be taking. So you say you have a Gluten allergy for example. Well then you get a key tag like so many grocery stores do now. well while you are shopping at the store you take an item you have a question about and you scan your tag and then the bar code on the item and if it gives you a green check then its safe, if it gives you a red x then its not safe for the particular profile you have set up. It will also let you know if it will interact with a drug you take. like grapefrit juice will mess with lipitor I think was an example. So when you check out you scan you key tag and  buy you groceries. but say you forgot to pre check at the store at the kiosk if it was a green check for ok or the big red no and you went a head a bought it anyways. They will send you an email telling you you bought an unsafe product! how cool does that sound? they will also let you know if things are recalled. So I did  a little research and I don't think its in any grocery stores yeet but if they are talking about it on the news mabe there is hope its in the works. I am going to ask my local grocery stores about it.
Hillary
http://www.scanavert.us/
I have no interest or anything in this company I just stayed up way too late watching the news and got so excited I had to share!