From:
Schlueter, Cindy-WDC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 07:31:11 -0800

Hello.  I have been GF for the past 3 years and have maintained my weight at
about 145 pounds and am a size 8.   I usually run 30-45 minutes 2-3 times a
week and also do weight training. For the past 3 months or so, my weight has
been drastically fluctuating.  One day I will weigh 160 pounds and the next
day or two days later I will weigh 145 pounds and then two days later weigh
155 pounds, etc.  I am very careful with my diet and do not think I am
having a gluten reaction, I just feel bloated alot of the time or more
accurately I feel "full."  My eating habits have not changed nor has my
exercise routine changed.  I also have not added anything new into my diet.
I eat lots of chicken/fish, veggies and fruit.  I limit my intake of carbos
-- the only carbos I eat are brown rice and GF waffles, and very
occassionally a baked potato.  I am also allergic to all dairy products so
that can't be it.

The only incident of significance relevant in time period is that right
before Christmas I was extremely ill.  I caught the strain of strep that
causes rheumatic fever combined with bronchitis.  I had a 104.5 - 105 degree
temperature for 4 days.  I ended up in the hospital overnight, but after a
course of antibiotics was okay.  I only wonder if this is somehow related
because it was right after this that my weight began drastically
fluctuating.  I have no idea if it actually could be related.

I have had my thyroid checked in the past and it has always come back
normal.  I suffer from Lupus but it has been under control and I am
carefully watched.  I am extremely frustrated because none of my clothes fit
anymore and I cannot seem to figure out what I am doing differently to cause
this.

Have any of you had any similar experiences?  Thanks for any suggestions
and/or ideas!

Cindy Schlueter (Northern VA)