From:
Rebecca Goyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 17:21:07 -0700

Hi!

Well, my roommate hasn't managed to kill me yet, although she keeps
forgetting and offering me some of her strudel - if she keeps it up, she
may be the one who is fearing for her life!

Anyways, we have invested in a rice cooker, complete with a timer.  As
grad students, we don't have alot of time to cook and this handy little
device is really nice - closest we'll get to a chef!

I was wondering if anyone had tried to cook any other grain other than
rice in this device?  Also, it claims it can make white rice, mixed
rice, or rice porrige.  What is mixed rice?  Haven't tried the porrige
yet, but it looks like you just add more water to the mix and it
probably goes a little gooey or something.  We have tried brown rice and
it worked fine.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome!

Becky
Calgary, Alberta