From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:11:01 EDT

If you need a good breakfast and don't mind spending big bucks for breakfast,
try the Encore Restaurant on the 8th floor of the Marriott Marquis Hotel on
45th St. between 8th Ave and 9th Ave. We were there today, for a trip to NYC
to see "The Lion King."

For $14.95, I ordered scrambled eggs and bacon...or you can get a
made-to-order omelet with a number of veggies. (Be sure to ask about any
other ingredients if you get the omelet. Since I ordered scrambled eggs, I
did not check to see if the omelet had cream, etc.) The meal included
unlimited orange juice and great coffee. Everyone else had the toast.
Obviously, I past on that. When I told the waiter about my celiac, he told me
not to get the hash browns that come with it, and on his own, he offered to
substitute a fruit cup, which was substantial. He also reassured me that the
eggs are prepared on their own pans....totally separate from pancakes or
waffles.

For $18.95, there is a buffet, but if all we can eat is the bacon, eggs,
fruit and beverages, why pay for the opportunity to not eat the  oatmeal,
pancakes, waffles, pastries, etc.?

I know this is expensive for breakfast, especially when it can cost over $20
to park in the theater district, but at least I felt safe about the
food...and wouldn't hesitate to go back there for special occasions.

(Expect lunch and dinner to be costly. A relative did tell me that they had
great salads for lunch, but we were juggling the whims of a toddler and I
didn't have time to check out the other menus.)

Linda