From:
Debbie Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:41:53 +0000

Hello Friends -

I am a 37 year old female that was diagnosed with Celiac Disease 2 years
ago by the KU Medical center.  No one could ever figure out why I was so
small and why I was sick all the time.  It finally was decided that I
needed a liver transplant.  While preparing for the surgury, I was
hospitalized in the largest facility in Kansas.  Finally a Doctor that
was much more educated on different and unusual problems had me tested
for Celiac.  I have since put on 20 pounds and I feel so much better.  I
have a problem with the lower part of my legs.  I developed large open
wounds that were extremely painful and nearly caused me to go crazy.
Finally, after months of dressing and redressing the wounds they began
to heal.  It left some really nasty scars.  2 days ago, it started
again.  I know that it is the same thing.  I have been putting an
ointment (Bactroban) on the area and leaving it covered in hopes that it
will not spread.  The last time that it happened my Doctor did a culture
and was unable to determine what was causeing this.   The medical staff
said that it was some sort of staph infection.  No one knew for sure.
Is this DH?  Living in a small town and having a Doctor that is from the
old school, he has no clue.  He is a wonderful Doctor and I love him
dearly but I don't know if I can go through another series of the
sores.  Please give me your opinion and advice.

My best - - Debbie