From:
Chris Spreitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:40:21 PDT

Hi everybody
I've checked the archives but have come up with a somewhat inconclusive
answer.  I'm wondering if there are any other conditions which affect the
intestinal mucosa and give a positive anti-endomysial antibody test result.
My understanding was that the EMA test determines if your body has
developed antibodies to the damaged mucosa--in other words the EMA test
looks specifically at the autoimmune component of cd.  But do other
autoimmune diseases like Crohn's disease also give positive EMA results?
Thanks
Chris in CA
MoM of Eileen, Anna, and Laura