Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 12:10:28 +0000

Hello

I had the same problem as Russell when I tried to obtain help from the
UK Coeliac Society.

> I tried AGAIN (am I crazy?) by sending them a cheque and asking them just
> to send me a copy of their food list.  They immediately returned both my
> cheque and letter.  I am obviously disappointed and would love to get hold
> of their food list. What a pity about their attitude!

However, I got around the problem by getting a note from my doctor to
say that he agrees that I should be on a totally gluten free diet. My
doctor is aware that I am not diagnosed as suffering CD, but that I
am allergic and highly sensitive to gluten. The UK society told me
that it would not be ethical for them to advise people on how to live
gluten free unless they have medical evidence to show that that
person should live gluten free.

So, I did get the list of GF foods in the end.

Regards,

John Cheshire
London, Enlgand