From:
Craine Runton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craine Runton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 21:12:36 -0600

Dear GlutenFreeinSD.com,

I wanted to write to you and tell you a serious error in your posting
about PF Chang's. On your site you have this posted:

"P.F. Chang's is one of my favorite restaurants. We order off the
regular menu and ask to have the items made GF. We have been told
that most items can be made GF. My favorites are the Lettuce Wraps,
Mongolian Beef, Kung Pao Chicken and Chang's Spicey Shrimp. We eat at
the P.F. Chang's in Bellevue, Washington." Unknown source

I used to work at a PF Chang's (in Broomfield, CO), and I have been
diagnosed since I was 8 years old. The problem with the above
statement is that NO beef (or pork) dishes can be made gluten-free,
due to how Chang's marinades the meat overnight. Kung Pao Chicken is
out too, because of how it is prepared  (the stock velveting). Also,
while some restaurants are good about GF, some are not, and when I
was working there, I had to educate a lot of other servers and
kitchen staff about celiac sprue. ALWAYS ensure that the server
understands what you are asking for, and ALWAYS make sure to request
that fresh oil be used in a clean wok. I find it best to ask for the
head chef if the server seems the least bit confused, just as a
precaution.  Believe me, I loved working there, and that they
actually have a full-fledged GF menu is great, but we must still use
caution. If anyone has any concerns please let me know, or contact
your local PF Changs for clarity.

V/R

Craine Runton
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley
303.919.xxxx - mobile