From:
Pat Coulter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 21:39:45 -0400

Hi, I am new to the list, and am having trouble with my own diagnosis. I
have read the web pages, but I think you who have 'been there' can possibly
help more.

My symptoms are not debilitating, nor am I thin and wasting away<G>... I do
have the diahhrea, depression, lethargy , b12 and Iron deficiency...

About three months ago a Gastro doctor after hearing my symptoms said "you
probably have Sprue... have your Fam Dr do the blood test.  ... weeks
passed, during which time I read up, and eliminated Wheat products, and was
THRILLED with the improvement..  at this point the Fam Dr had not followed
up, so I pursued it, and at a visit he said 'you don't look SICK enough to
have CD'.  But he scheduled the Blood test and a Small Bowel Follow Thru. I
did go back on wheat for 3 weeks prior to the tests. I apparently 'failed'
to show the necessary symptoms of Sprue/ CD, and thus  he feels I do not
have it.

I am happy to stay off of Wheat, and to suffer the consequences if and when
I fall off the wagon... but is there any reason I should persist with
requesting the biopsy be done???

Possibly I am just 'intolerant' or 'allergic'??

any input is greatly appreciated

Pat