From:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2016 17:11:22 +0000

Hello, List,I neglected to mention a few things in my original post when inquiring about this.  The variety of the bread I had was the Promise multigrain bread.  I also forgot to mention that I've been a diagnosed celiac for almost 12 years now.  I have no other known food sensitivities and only avoid gluten in my diet.  I had a few of you ask me if I had D accompanying the vomiting, and I did not.  It was only vomiting, followed by stomach distress for a few days, similar to gastritis symptoms.
Several people mentioned I could possibly have reacted to any of the following in the bread:  psyllium husk, high fiber content, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, quinoia, hydropopyl methyl cellulose, or any of the "other" ingredients listed in the bread.
One person gave me a link to the European Food Information Council, http://www.eufic.org/upl/1/default/doc/e-numbers_eufic(2).pdf.
Another person question the shelf stability of this bread as it states it was previously frozen but then sold on the store shelf and not in the frozen section.
One person said some people react similarly to Kinnickinnickproducts.
A couple of responders said they would be more suspicious of the lunch meat and not the bread.
I also got an email from Tom Doyle, one of the owners of Promise Bread, asking me if he could call me.  He did call, and we had a conversation about it.  He stated the bread is 100% gluten free, that the standards in Ireland are actually higher than they are in the US.  He told me there is a much higher population of celiacs in Ireland than anywhere else. He said their bread tests at less than 3 ppm.  Their company was wanting to produce a bread that tastes good, has good texture, high fiber and low fat.  I really appreciated the level of his concern in response to my email to the List.
As always, thank you so much for all of your replies.  I truly appreciate this Listserv.  Happy holiday wishes to you all and good health to you in the new year!Denise