From:
Jill Arends <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:08:36 EDT

Hi List,

My two celiac teenagers are ill this morning with diarrhea and swollen
tongues, lips and faces.

For dinner, we had McDonalds and I am afraid the oil from the fries may
have been contaminated.  They also had burgers without the rolls, so
there could have been contamination there too.

Anyway, we learned our lesson the hard way.  No more eating out during
the school week, period.  Can't trust anyplace really. They can't afford
to miss school.

I have given my daughter benedryl, my son's symptoms are mostly diarrhea and
that classic celiac dull ache stomach ache.

Can anyone suggest anything else to do?  This is the first time we have made
a real mistake like this.

Thank you.  I will summarize.

Jill